The Two Birds Press team consists of Diane Eagle Kataoka, Peggy Lindt and Liz DesRochers.
Diane Eagle Kataoka
Publisher Diane Eagle Kataoka is a seasoned writer, editor and marketing professional with an extensive background in newspaper and magazine publishing, print and radio journalism, and literary research. She also has wide-ranging experience in marketing and communications.
Newspaper & Magazine Editor
• Mammoth Times, Mammoth Sierra Magazine and satellite publications
• The Guide Magazine
• Harcourt, Brace & World, editorial assistant
• Sacred Meals by Father John Finley
• Virtual Humans: A build-it-yourself kit, complete with software and step-by-step instructions, by Peter Plantec
• Caligari TrueSpace2 Bible, by Peter Plantec
• Anais Nin: The Final Days by Barbara Kraft
• Leon Uris, novels Trinity and The Haj
• Freewheelin’ Films
Journalist—Print & Radio
• Blogger, View from the Eagle’s Nest,
• Columnist, The Aspen Times
• Articles published in newspapers (The Buffalo News, Hartford Courant, Kansas City Star, Cleveland Plain Dealer, Muse (An Arts Newspaper for Colorado), Santa Barbara Independent); magazines (Condé Nast Traveler, Men’s Health, Running Magazine, US Magazine, Equine Images, Diversion, Relax, Air Destinations, Alaska Airlines, Midwest Express, Winds, Santa Barbara Magazine, Santa Barbara Seasons, Springs); and online (Huffington Post Blog)
• KSPN, KSNO, KAJX, Aspen, CO. Host, writer, programmer for Classical Music programming
• Colorado Speaks, syndicated public affairs programming for and about Colorado.
Marketing & Communications
• Music Academy of the West, Santa Barbara, Director of Communications
• Aspen Music Festival, Associate Director, Marketing and Public Relations
• Marketing Consultant, specializing in copywriting, copyediting, editing and proofreading, with an emphasis in newsletters, brochures, special promotions, and marketing ad campaigns
• Aspen Professional Magazine Writers’ Symposium, Director
• Coors American Pro Tour, Vice President/Co-Founder
• KSPN & KSNO, writer/producer of radio ad campaigns
Peggy Lindt is a freelance commercial artist offering traditional illustration and design, working both by hand and digitally. “I wear a few hats and enjoy the challenges of providing a visual narrative to the project at hand.” Many of her clients are independent authors who self publish their works.
Peggy’s background encompasses complete book design, including design of book jackets, illustration and design for the cover, or simply an approach that includes type and an option of photography.
• Interior illustrations, either in B&W or in full color.
• Hand-tinting and digitally tinting photography
• Other specialties include medical illustration, including product and surgical protocol, and recently, fine art portraiture.
Her clients have included Graphic de France, Portal, Little Brown, Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, Gibbs Smith, Companion Press, Canari Press, Cistamonte Publishing, Fliptomania, MCA Video and Thomas Nelson
See some of Peggy Lindt’s designs:
Liz DesRochers is a freelance web and graphic designer, specializing in SEO (search engine optimization). She has recently added mobile phone apps to her list of services to stay ahead of the curve and remain relevant in the ever-changing creative/technology market. Passionate about her work and her clients, Liz is always taking online courses and webinars to continue to stay current and provide her clients with top-level service.
Liz’s portfolio includes:
• Print Marketing Collateral
• Web Design — both static and dynamic
• Mobile Phone Apps for both IPhone/IPad and Android